Quotas

NetSupport

Quotas

Post by NetSupport » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:53 pm

so I pay xplornet for 25mbit per second service, but for $88 per month I get a 50 gb quota.

if you do the math, at 25mbit per second I would use about .003 gigabytes per second - which means in about 17,000 seconds i am out of quota for the month. Divide the 17,000 seconds by 60 and that's only 277 minutes of use per month. so somewhere around 10 minutes per day at 25 mbit per second and that's all i'm allowed to use before they cut me off or charge me more

declan.keogh

Re: Quotas

Post by declan.keogh » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Hey,

I'm curious about this--I've been reading about different services and 50gb is not a lot of data for regular internet use. I'd like to message about this but I can't because my account is new.

-Declan

AlfredNoble
Site Admin

Re: Quotas

Post by AlfredNoble » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 am

If you want to just do occasional web surfing, it might be ok but for anything else, it's not nearly enough and xplornet knows that. Its a way to get people trapped into their contracts, so you use the internet for a month and it can work almost ok, but in your second month you can go over 50gb in a few days pretty easily and then they slow you down to dialup speeds. and when you want to cancel, you're hooped because you're in a contract.

50gb if it's just emails and websurfing is ok, but then you might as well use your phone. 50gb for a windows computer will be eaten in just a few days.